We try to keep the policy for commenting on articles on the website as open and free as possible, respecting the fundamental right of freedom of speech.
However, in certain circumstances, we may feel it is necessary to screen or delete comments that we feel are in violation of The Argus constitution. This includes comments that are:
- Intended for the purpose of hate speech (for example, hateful comments against race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc.)
- Contain spam or content solely for the purpose of advertising, without approval of our Business Manager (you can request advertising information here)
- Link to computer viruses or infected websites
- Promote illegal activities, including copyright infringement and digital piracy
- Make ad hominem, inflammatory, or abusive remarks against a member of the Lakehead University Student Union corporation (this includes executives, staff members, or students)
- Link to or contain sexually explicit or obscene content not in harmony with the article to which they are attached.
Please note that we may update this policy as we realize a need to do so. If you have any questions, please contact our Editor-In-Chief.